You may wonder how we're recommending chocolate for breakfast, but the truth is that our dark chocolate nut butters are so healthy, that they can be eaten everyday. If you're sure we've lost our marbles, please read this blog post which explains why, in detail.
Here are two ideas for quick and easy breakfasts that include our dark chocolate nut butters. These are a favourite with our littler customers, and we won't blame you if you're stealing some on the side.
Chocolate Milk Shakes
- Add 2 tablespoons of the dark chocolate almond butter and a glass of milk to your blender.
- Add a banana or any other fruit if you'd like, and blend them together.
- If you like it sweeter, add some honey or jaggery powder and blend again for a few seconds.
- If you like coffee like we do, add a spoonful of your favourite coffee powder.
- Pour into a tall glass, add a fun straw and sip or slurp.
You can make delicious milkshakes with the dark chocolate peanut butter too.
We'd be pushing our luck if we tried to add recipe steps to this idea. All you need is your choice of bread, dark chocolate peanut or almond butter, and your favourite fruit sliced. If you're the adventurous kinds, add a sprinkle of flax or chia seeds and some cinnamon powder.
Here's some of our favourite toppings:
- Sliced banana on a generous layer of dark chocolate peanut butter (if you haven't tried chocolate and banana together, you're really missing out)
- Sliced strawberries and blueberries on dark chocolate peanut butter or jaggery peanut butter, sprinkled with ground chia, flax and sunflower seeds
- Avocado sliced, or as guacamole (try this on a layer of our Chilli Chutney Peanut Butter too)
Here's some inspirations for plating too, because if it looks this good, it tastes even better!