I don't know about you, but when it's a late evening at work and I'm dead beat, the last thing I want to do is make dinner. Quick dishes like this Thai bowl come to the rescue! The toughest part of this recipe is waiting to eat it. Yum.
- Baby corn
- Bok choy
- Red bell pepper
- Oyster or button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Chilli Chutney peanut butter (buy it here)
- 1 tbsp honey or jaggery powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (add more or less to adjust consistency)
- 1/4 tsp salt (adjust according to taste)
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp honey (or Jaggery powder as a Vegan alternative)
- 300 grams of chicken, paneer or tofu (your choice of protein)
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbs honey (or Jaggery powder as a Vegan alternative)
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions
- Roasted peanuts
Black sesame seeds
- Marinate your choice of protein for 30 to 45 minutes. Then cook them in a pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a bowl, mix them well and keep them aside.
- Saute all the veggies in a pan. Add these to your protein once cooked.
- Pour a generous helping of the chilli peanut sauce over the pan and garnish with peanuts, spring onions and black sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Recipe created by Avrinder Munday (https://www.instagram.com/thecardamom_in/)